Are you thinking of taking the TOPIK in 2022? Here, you can find the complete TOPIK test schedule, including the registration period, exam date, and result announcement time.
About the TOPIK Exam
TOPIK, the most popular Korean language exam, is an acronym for the Test of Proficiency in Korean. It is a standardized examination to measure the Korean language skills of non-native speakers.
There are two categories — TOPIK I and TOPIK II. TOPIK I comprises two levels, 1 and 2, whereas TOPIK II has four levels, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
The first TOPIK exam took place in 1997. The number of candidates and frequency of the test have continued to grow since then.
In 2019, 375,871 people took TOPIK, up from 208,449 in 2014. It declined to 218,869 last year due to COVID-19 but again increased by 330,012 in 2021 in 75 countries.
In 2022, it could reach the top regarding the number of candidates giving the test if things remain positive.
If you plan to take TOPIK in 2022, you may want to know about the new TOPIK test schedule in advance so that you can plan accordingly.
2022 TOPIK Test Schedule
They offer the test six times every year in Korea and twice for non-native Korean speakers in other countries. Candidates need to apply on time, as the application period is open for only 7 days.
TOPIK Test will be held six times in Korea and five times outside of Korea in 2022. They will conduct in April, May, July, October, and November.
They will conduct the 80th, 81st, 82nd, 83rd, 84th, and 85th TOPIK tests in 2022. In India, they will administer the test in April and October.
|Exam||Registration Period||Test Dates||Result Dates||Locations|
|80th||Dec 7, 2021 – Dec 13, 2021||January 23, 2022||February 22||Korea|
|81th||Feb 8, 2022 – Feb 14, 2022||April 10, 2022||May 19||Korea/ Overseas|
|82nd||March 8, 2022 – March 14, 2022||May 15, 2022||June 30||Korea|
|83rd||May 24, 2022 – May 30, 2022||July 10, 2022||August 18||Korea/ Overseas|
|84th||Aug 2, 2022 – Aug 8, 2022||October 16, 2022||November 24||Korea/ Overseas|
|85th||Sept 6, 2022 – Sept 13, 2022||November 13, 2022||December 15||Korea|
Points to Remember:
- Seats are limited, and registration will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Registration dates may vary if you live outside Korea. Check with your local Korean Culture Center or Korean embassy for details.
- The examination results will be available on the TOPIK website (www.topik.go.kr) at 3:00 p.m. on the announcement day.
- The score announcement date may change if necessary.
- TOPIK application and exam schedule are subject to change or canceled due to preventive measures against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Before applying, candidates must check the latest news and updates.
- The exam fee is 40,000 won for TOPIK 1 (level 1 to 2, whereas for TOPIK 2 (level 3 to 6), it is 55,000 won.
- You can apply online in Korea. In contrast, submit your application form to the designated organization responsible for managing TOPIK exams.
- Once you pass the test, you can check the result on the official website. Your score report will be available in digital version only on their site. They don’t send printed or digital copies individually.
- The TOPIK scores remain valid for 2 years from the day the results are published.
TOPIK Speaking test dates for 2022
They introduced TOPIK Speaking in 2021 to help learners improve their Korean language communication skills.
In November 2022, the first official test will be conducted, but only in South Korea. Then, from 2023, they will offer the speaking test routinely in other countries like the conventional TOPIK. They will announce the detailed information later.
|Exam||Registration Period||Test Dates||Result Dates||Location|
|1st TOPIK Speaking||Sept 20, 2022 – Sept 26, 2022||November 19, 2022||December 23, 2022||Korea only|
To find out more about the TOPIK examination in your country, contact your local Korean embassy or Korean Culture Center.
You can also check the official website for more information concerning the TOPIK test schedule 2022.
Do you have any questions? Write your thoughts in the comment section below.