Do you want to know more about Global Korea Scholarship (GKS undergraduate)? This article will give you a detailed description of its benefits, eligibility, the application process, number of seats, and much more.
Studying in South Korean universities opens up many opportunities in today’s ever-growing competitive job market.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is a unique undergraduate scholarship program. Every year, the Korean government offers students across the world currently enrolled in high school or college.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the Global Korea Scholarship?
- About Courses, Universities, Seats, and Tracks
- Eligibility For GKS Undergraduate
- Documents and Points to remember
- Scholarship Value and Benefits
- How to Apply?
- 2023-2024 GKS–Undergraduate FAQs
What is the Global Korea Scholarship?
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is an initiative by the South Korean government. Earlier, the name was the “Korean Government Scholarship Program.” i.e., KGSP.
It offers academic scholarships to students from various countries to study in South Korea. The National Institute for International Education (NIIED), affiliated with the Ministry of Education in Korea, administrates GKS.
To offer students all around the globe more opportunities, every year, the Korean government organizes a competitive scholarship program called “Global Korea Scholarship.”
The program offers students a chance to complete their undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees in the Republic of Korea.
The purpose of the GKS
The primary aim of the Global Korea Scholarship is to provide international students with more educational possibilities. As a result, students from far and wide have access to several top-ranked universities in Korea.
At the same time, the Korean government offers these scholarships to promote educational exchanges on a global level.
These programs also boost mutual friendship and relations between Korea and the participating countries.
Advantages of GKS
There are many reasons Korea makes a go-to destination for students worldwide.
It starts with the fact that it is an incredible country to explore. Plus, it is for its technological advancement and top-ranked universities offering all areas of study.
This program allows you to study at Korea’s top-rated universities without paying a single penny.
The scholarship program is fully funded. Hence, the selected students won’t have to worry about their living expenses either. You know, right?
And while we’re discussing perks, I can’t help but mention that a scholarship like this can provide a considerable boost to your CV.
Besides all this, the Global Korea Scholarship can support you in learning Korean. This is mandatory to achieve at least TOPIK level 3 before starting the degree program.
You will enhance your Korean language skills through immersion and practicing with the locals. This all can help you get a job demanding Korean.
About Courses, Universities, Seats, and Tracks
Let’s find out everything about courses, duration, and how to apply for them.
Korean Government Scholarship course duration
Bachelor’s degree courses will have a 4-5 year long term, while associate degree programs will have 2 or 3 years.
Some newly added bachelor’s degree programs for the 2023 GKS-U, like Architecture, Medicine, etc., have a course duration of 5-6 years.
Every student must take 1-year Korean training courses at their respective universities.
But students with a level 5 or above fluency score in TOPIK (test of proficiency in Korean) can skip the Korean courses.
Number of seats
A total of 200 scholarships are available for GKS undergraduate 2023-2024 programs.
There are two different types — the embassy track and the university track. They select 119 through the embassy, and 81 are available for the universities.
Regardless of channel, candidates will get 100% funded scholarships that cover all the costs.
The quota for Embassy Track
The quota for University Track
The quota for Associate Degree
Courses and universities
Let’s find out more about available departments and universities for GKS undergraduate program.
Field of Studies
- You can only apply to the universities/subjects listed in the “University Information” section on the official site studyinkorea.go.kr.
- Under the Regional University Track, one can only apply for departments listed under Natural Science, Technology, and Engineering fields.
- Academic courses offered during evenings (night school), online, short-term, and distant-learning programs are not eligible for this scholarship program.
- Even if a university’s departments you intend to apply to offer English taught courses, it may be subject to change as per circumstances. Thus, it would be better to confirm with the university. Remember that Korean is the primary and focus language used in every Korean university, though teaching English in Korea is pretty popular.
The universities vary depending on tracks — embassy or university. Read along!
|Type A||Ajou University, Dongguk University, Duksung Women’s University, Ewha Woman’s University, Hanyang University (Seoul), Konkuk University, Kookmin University, Korea Polytechnic University, Korea University, Kyung Hee University,|
Seoul National University, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Sookmyung Women’s University, Sungkyunkwan University, Yonsei University
125 Candidates for Type A + B.
|Type B||Busan University of Foreign Studies, Chungnam National University, Chonnam National University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Dongseo University, Handong Global University, Hannam University, Inje University, Jeju National|
University, Kangwon National University, Keimyung University, Kongju National University, Konyang University, Kyungpook National University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pukyong National University, Pusan National University, Semyung University, Silla University, Soonchunhyang University, Sun Moon University, Sunchon National University
(only for Natural
|Busan University of Foreign Studies, Chungnam National University, Chonnam National University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Dongseo University, Handong Global University, Hannam University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Kangwon National University, Keimyung University, Kongju National University, Konyang University, Kyungpook National University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pukyong National University, Pusan National University, Semyung University, Silla University, Soonchunhyang University, Sun Moon University, Sunchon National University||Bachelor’s|
|Chejuhalla University, Dong-Ah Institute of Media and Arts, Inha Technical College, Kyungbok University, Yeungjin University, Yeungnam University College||Associate|
Eligibility For GKS Undergraduate
A candidate needs some basic requirements to be eligible for the GKS undergraduate. All these requirements are given below:
- Applicants and their parents must not be citizens of the Republic of Korea.
- Dual citizenship holders that have citizenship in South Korea are not eligible.
- The applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED selected nations invited to participate. However, parent(s) may have citizenship of non-GKS participating countries.
Level of Education
- Applicants applying for undergraduate programs must have finished formal high school education or are expected to complete can apply for a Bachelor’s or an Associate degree program.
- Aspirants who completed or are expected to complete an associate degree program can only apply for a bachelor’s degree course.
- Candidates who can complete high school by February 28, 2023, can apply. They must submit official certificates or diplomas and final academic transcripts to the GKS Center, NIIED, no later than February 28, 2023.
- All applicants need to have a grade point average above 80% or more on a 100-point scale. Or, one should rank within the top 20% of one’s class from their last attended educational institution.
- CGPA: 2.64/4.0, or 2.80/4.3, or 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0.
Suppose the applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA or cannot convert grades into the GPS scales mentioned above. In that case, the applicant must submit additional documents issued by their school describing the school’s grading system.
Applicants applying for undergraduate programs must be under 25 years of age (Born after March 1, 1998).
- The applicant must have adequate physical and mental health to complete the entire duration of their degree in Korea.
- Suppose an applicant is positive for drug tests or has a serious illness that prevents them from studying in Korea for a long time. In that case, they will disqualify the applicant in the last selection round.
All applicants have to submit “Form 6 Personal Medical Assessment” at the time of application. Plus, all applicants who pass the 2nd round of selection must receive a comprehensive medical checkup and submit an Official Medical Examination conducted by a doctor or a licensed hospital.
After reaching Korea, all GKS scholars will undergo a medical test managed by NIIED. However, suppose a GKS scholar has a severe illness after the medical test after arriving in Korea. In that case, they will be disqualified from their Korean government GKS scholarship.
- Applicants who have previously graduated from Korean high school (also international schools) or finished their bachelor’s or master’s degree in South Korea are not eligible. However, those who have studied at any Korean university as visiting or exchange students can apply.
- Candidates can only choose and apply for only one track:
→ For embassy track applicants, one has to choose between General or Overseas Korean adoptees.
→ For University track applicants, one has to pick between Regional University or Associate Degree. Plus, one can only apply to ONE university and ONE department.
Documents and Points to remember
Let’s find all the necessary documents and things you need to remember before applying.
Required documents for 2023-2024 U GKS
- Form 1 Application Form.
- Form 2 Personal Statement.
- Form 3 Study Plan.
- Form 4 single letter of recommendation where the recommender’s signature is required.
- Form 5 GKS Applicant agreement.
- Form 6 Personal Medical Assessment.
- Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of high school graduation (or expected one).
- High school grade transcripts.
- Applicant’s proof of age document.
- Evidence of Korean war veteran’s descendants (if relevant).
- Document to prove for overseas Korean (if applicable).
- Proof of Korean citizenship renunciation document (if applicable).
- Awards and other certificates (if necessary).
- Applicant’s Passport Copy.
- Certificate of Korean ability exam, only TOPIK score (optional).
- Certificate of English test like TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. (optional).
Essential Points for GKS Undergraduate
- All documents should be only in Korean or English.
- Information like the applicant’s name, date of birth, name of university or department, etc., must not have any errors as they will use it for official documents.
- Applicants need to submit a letter of recommendation from a single recommender, who can assess the applicant’s academic abilities. You should seal it in an envelope and submit it to the embassy or university, conducting the first selection round.
- (Form #1. Application Form) Embassy track applicant must select and write THREE different universities and MUST include at least one university from Type B.
- (Form #1. Application Form) University track applicants must write only ONE university and ONE department.
- Embassy track applicants must submit ONE consular-authenticated (or apostilled) document and THREE photocopies of the same.
- University track applicants must submit only ONE consular-authenticated (or apostilled) document.
- All application documents should be in original forms. Suppose an applicant has to submit photocopied documents. In that case, one needs to notarize, or apostil, or receive consular confirmation. And then submit these certified documents.
- NIIED won’t return the documents once submitted.
- Application documents need to be submitted in the checklist’s order on the first page of the application forms.
- You should number all needed documents and label them on the top right corner.
- They reject all incomplete applications.
- Applicants who are going to graduate at the time of applying must submit the certificate of expected graduation date.
- 2 different recommenders should write the recommendation letter.
- The recommenders should seal the recommendation letter in an envelope and sign on the back of it.
- Photocopies are acceptable for awards and certificates.
- The proof of citizenship needs to be government-issued documents.
- Applicants should submit 1 set of original documents and 3 sets of photocopied documents for the Embassy track.
- Applicants should submit 1 set of original application documents for University track applicants.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
A detailed breakdown of the scholarship value is given below:
- They provide the actual cost of your airfare as long as the flight tickets are of economy class.
- It includes an amount of KRW 200,000 as your resettlement allowance.
- They offer a living allowance of KRW 900,00 to undergraduate students monthly.
- They give free national health insurance policies to all candidates. They issue twice a year at the beginning of the semester.
- They cover the total fee for language courses subject to a maximum of 1,000,000 KRW quarterly.
- They cover the actual cost of your tuition fees (cannot exceed KRW 5 million per semester).
- They provide a reward amount of KRW 100,000 per month to students who hold valid TOPIK level 5 or 6.
- They give an amount of KRW 100,000 once after the completion of the degree.
How to Apply?
They accept applications only in particular months. The announcement of which is made on the government’s official website. These months vary from program to program.
For undergraduate programs, the application period is usually September-October. While for GKS graduate programs, this period is usually February- March.
You can find the application forms online as they are available on the official study on the Korean government website.
There are two ways through which any foreign national can apply for the Global Korea Scholarship Program. We know these ways as ‘the embassy track’ and ‘the university track.’
Choosing one or the other track mainly depends on the applicant and their country of origin.
This is so because they have given various countries different quotas and channels. Meaning that depending on your country. You may only have the option to choose ‘the embassy track,’ ‘the university track,’ or both.
Let’s find the detailed breakdown of both tracks below.
There are two ways:
They require applicants to apply to their country’s Korean embassy on this track. While filling out the application, they should select three universities out of all the options.
As long as one of the three universities accepts its application, the applicant will receive the scholarship. This track has three rounds.
On this track, the applicant must submit their application directly to the Korean university they wish to study at.
Once the concerned university accepts the application, the applicant becomes a GKS scholar. While the embassy track progresses into three rounds (Embassy → NIIED → University), the university track only comprises two steps (University → NIIED).
The entire selection process is quite simple. But, depending on which track you choose, some selection rounds may differ.
At first, the National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Republic of Korea sends invitations to their Korean embassies and domestic universities to recommend candidates.
After this, applicants can send their applications to their country’s respective embassy or the Korean college they wish to attend.
After going through the applications, the embassies and universities present their recommended candidates to NIIED.
The NIIED then evaluates the applicants who pass the first round. Once they give the final evaluation, they select the university track applicants as Global Korea Scholarship grantees.
While the applicants who chose the embassy track advance to the third round.
In the third round, the universities finally review the applicants. At least one of the three universities must admit the candidate to pass this round.
Once a university accepts the candidate as a student, they become a GKS scholar.
In each round of the selection process, a committee evaluates the applicant.
These committees and their selection criteria can differ from round to round. However, some factors that account for an applicant’s selection are below.
In this statement, applicants must create a short essay describing their motivation for applying to this scholarship program.
Besides this, the candidate can talk about their interests or background.
Statement of Purpose or Research Proposal
The applicant must write a detailed study plan and their goals. They can also talk about their future objectives.
For example, suppose the applicant is applying for a research program. In that case, they must state their research plan and their goals.
Letters of Recommendation
The candidates can provide letters of recommendation. The impact of these letters can vary from university to university.
Certification of Language Proficiency (Korean or English)
Language ability certificates can also affect your evaluation. For example, they prefer people who are already proficient in Korean over other candidates.
Some other factors include publications, awards, academic transcripts, etc.
The deadline for the application differs from country to country. This is because the country’s respective embassy sets these criteria.
The deadline can also vary based on what program you have chosen. You can find more information about the Global Korea Scholarship program and its application form on the study in Korea official website.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 82-2-3668-1364
- Address: 191, Jeongjail-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do (13557), Republic of Korea.
- Websites: studyinkorea.go.kr (official site) sejonghakdang.org (studying Korean), (Korea.net (Korean Portal), mofa.go.kr (Ministry of Foreign Affairs), immigration.go.kr and hikorea.go.kr (Visa and Immigration) and academyinfo.go.kr (for Higher Education in South Korea).
For more information about GKS updates, announcements, and guidelines, visit the official GKS Notice board.
I will graduate from high school in March 2022. Is it possible to apply for the 2022 GKS program?
The last date for the 2022 undergraduate program is already over. Also, you need to pass high school by February 28, 2022, to apply for the 2022 session. You can apply next year in October for the 2023 session.
From where the application form can be downloaded? What documents are needed for the embassy and university track?
All details are there. You can download the form from the official website and apply through the Indian government portal. I’d suggest spending some time understand various aspects of it.
I am from India and want to apply for GKS-U this month.
(i) Can I use the apostilled voter ID card for proof of citizenship for my parents and me as well?
(ii) Can I choose the same department at different universities?
(iii) Is it necessary to give the 10th mark sheet as well? Can I not just give the 12th mark sheet?
(iv) Any idea when the applications will be available?
2. I guess, yes. You can reconfirm.
3. Yes, you need to submit the 10th too.
4. Usually, after 1-3 weeks of their global applications.
It means that 10th marksheet is compulsory or is it just to make sure that chances get better ?
Does the GKS University Track process of application are already over?
Yes, it’s over for the undergraduate program.
Hey is there anything we can do now for undergraduates in Seoul?
The last date is over for the 2022 March session. You can try for the September 2022 session, for which the application process starts in May. For GKS, you can only apply in September 2022.
Hello. The information provided is very clear and helpful, however, I still have a question about getting the visa after getting the scholarship for undergraduates. Since this is a scholarship, I assume there’s no need for providing the bank statement with $10,000 in my account 3 months before the application for the visa. Or is it still obligatory despite getting the gks-u? Thank you in advance.
Yes, you do not require a bank statement with a minimum amount to get this scholarship, but you may need some money for lifestyle expenses that is not funded.
Actually, I want to apply for a bachelor’s degree, and I passed high school in 2021, and I want to apply for fashion designing next year. Now I’m doing a course in fashion design, so can I apply now I know it’s late for a bachelor’s degree that but I’m confused about. So can you guide me, please?
Yes, you can apply for GKS-UG next year in September as long as your preferred course are available. If you get selected, you will waste 2 years, but that may be worthy. Continue with your course along with applying for scholarship. Consider all pros and cons.
Eu amei todo o material que vocês disponibilizaram. Eu gostaria de saber algumas dicas para complementar a aplicação, já que eu tenho apenas 80% de GPA.
Eu não falo português 🙂
I loved all the material you made available. I would like to know some tips to complement the application, as I only have an 80% GPA. ~ In English now
As per eligibility criteria, one requires a GPA of 80% or more. The other alternative is to achieve a rank within the top 20% of one’s class from their previous educational institution.
If i got 5.5 ielts band should i submit my test sheet.do you reccommend it.
There is no harm in trying.
I have obtained a bachelor’s degree with only 60% marks which makes me illegible for applying for undergraduate and post-graduate GK scholarships. There is no option left for studying in South Korea for a low-middle-class child, right? If so, kindly help me. I will be grateful to you. Your blog is so satisfying.
It is not just South Korea, but higher education in most developed countries is expensive for foreign students. Also, a minimum of 80% is just a criterion to apply. One doesn’t get a GKS based on that. It depends on many aspects like your academic qualification and achievements, extracurricular activities, recommendation letters, personal statement and SOP, language ability and certification, performance in the interview, etc. Due to too many applicants, getting GKS these days isn’t easy.
What are the total expenses for document verification and registration in INR?
I don’t remember. You have to go through the offered documents. The cost for verification, apostille, etc., varies and is done locally.
Who lives in the US cannot apply for the GKS?
I guess, No. But there may be some other scholarships programs for the USA and specific countries.
Hi, I’m also a scholar. I heard that they would pay for the school if we can graduate in time and extend the period of the degree once. Is that true?
Sorry, I didn’t get you. GKS is a fully-funded scholarship, and it covers nearly all major expenses. I’m not sure if they would still pay if you want to extend the course duration once. I guess you have to complete the course in the given time only to avail of the scholarship.
I am a 12th pass and my age is 28. Can I apply for a graduation course in South Korea? I need a reply.
No. The maximum permitted age for UG programs is under 25 years of age (Born after March 1, 1997).
Please when is the application starting for 2023 for undergraduate students?
Please when is the application for 2022 undergraduate studies starting?
For 2022, the last date to apply is already over. You can try in September this year for 2023.
When will the application for gks undergraduate 2022 start?
About the documents, I need to fill them in on the computer. Print them all together with the certified documents put them in folders and send them?
Yes, or take a printout and fill and send it along with all required documents.
I have completed my bachelor’s degree in INDIA, so can I apply for GKS – U Scholarship? Am I eligible for this Scholarship??
You can apply as long as you are under 25 and fulfill the required criteria. However, they may or may not give preference as this GKS-UG is mainly for 12th passed contenders.
Sir, I have studied for a diploma in nursing and I want to study animal science and technology. I was born in 1998.
You have to check the courses if your choice is available. If you pass the eligibility criteria, you can apply in September.
I am 12th failed but can I apply for an undergraduate course?
No. GKS-UG is only for the 12th passed.
Hello, I am from Kazakhstan! I will apply to GKS 2023 bachelor’s this year. Can you please answer some of the concerning questions? I will be very happy! If I apply for the university in Korea for the fall semester and get a scholarship (from the university itself) and start my studies there, am I eligible to apply for GKS during my studies? And is it necessary to be in my home country while applying through the embassy track? Does the university track include only regional universities for undergraduates because I could not find Kyunghee University on the list?
Yes, you have to be in your home country, and you can only apply through the local embassy office. Not all universities and courses are available through GKS. You can only pick as per the listed options.
Hi if I apply Bachelor’s degree (Fall) semester. Can I apply for GKS?
You can only apply in September for the 2023 academic term starting in March/April.
Thanks for sharing. When does that of post graduate start?
Usually in September through GKS.
Sir, it’s compulsory to apostille the documents because it’s a little expensive. Can’t we just notarize the documents? And sir GKS has announced about University track on 11th of this month, does it mean that this time no admission through embassy track will be there?
As per their new notification, an apostille is the only possibility. The dates for the embassy track vary depending on the country, and they announce after some time. Keep an eye on notice board.
Hi if my country is not listed in the eligible quota. For example, South Africa. Is there any other way I can apply for GKS?
I guess, No.
Hey, I am Jay lad from India. I just want to ask when the application form for mbbs will be released?
In September 2022.
Hello, i want to know that if I apply in September 2022 so when will I able to know that I’m accepted for the gks or not ?
When they announce the final result in December/January.
Hello, I was accepted as a GKS Scholar in 2021, but I had to resign and quit due to my surgery. Is it possible for me to apply again this year??
Thank you for your answer!
AFAIK, those who had withdrawn from GKS are not eligible to apply. But I’d suggest to recheck.
Sir, I am currently in grade 12. I’m gonna graduate next year in January when can I apply for the 2023 scholarship and is it okay if I apply using my second term Marks hence I’m still waiting to graduate next year?
You can apply in Sept 2023. This year, you can also do this as an appearing candidate with second term marks.
Thank you very much, this helped me a lot, but I have a question. Only the universities on the list that provide GKS? The university I would like to study at is not on the list. Is there any possibility that it will change? Or is it every year these same universities?
Yes, through GKS, you can only apply to listed universities. They change some names, but it is not frequent and big enough.
Dose GKS accept IGCSE and GED?
I guess, Yes.
If I fill GKS scholarship, how they will get information?
Sorry, I didn’t get you.
I am 16 years old. Can I apply for an application and after the graduation do we have to pay the money?
GKS scholarships are fully funded means you do not need to spend money. You can apply for the undergraduate program provided that you fit their requirement and belong to one the country elgibile to apply.
How to apply?
You have to read their guidelines, requirements, timeline, and procedure in detail.
Can we use living allowance money for off-campus housing?
I’m not sure about this, but I guess no.
I’m not sure about this, but I guess no.
My grade in 12th is 76% and i am not in top 20% in class can i apply for this?
But in my opinion giving it a try is not a bad idea.
Sir can I use the twelth mark sheet as the certificate of graduation for the undergraduate scholarship as my school did not provide it. Transcript so what I have to do now?
You require a certificate if it is needed. You can get it from concerned boards like CBSE. You also need a transcript from the same authority.
Sir, from your experience over the years, do you think it is even slightly necessary to contact a professor as an Undergraduate for the GKS as the graduates do?
There is no harm in trying, but the benefits are limited. In most cases, they won’t reply unless your case is exceptionally good and unique.
Thank you for the reply. Please What can make my case exceptionally good and Unique? I’m really a diligent student who is interested in researching too.
You can focus on 5 things to boost your chances.
1. Academic credentials, achievements, and extracurricular activities.
2. Your teacher’s recommendation letters from previous institutions.
3. Great personal statement and SOP.
4. Language skills – both English and Korean. If possible, take TOPIK.
5. Your performance in the interview. Prepare well for that and get good knowledge about things related to Korea and your career & future.
Good luck 🙂
I completed my Diploma (Undergraduate) in India in 2018. Am I still eligible to apply for the scholarship??? Please reply.
Yes, if you are under 25.
Thank you for the reply.
I’m still quite confused about what to email a professor as an UG. Do you have an idea?
This is something you have to decide. Search to get an idea.
Hello sir , I have a question Is passport sufficient for proof of age or will only the birth certificate have to be given?
When you fill out the online application, you will get details of what you need to submit. A passport and 10th certificate can be sufficient proof of age.
In India, 12th board are held in March… So can i apply before March as the application held in September?
No. E.g., If you give 12th in March 2022 and get your result in June 2022. Then, you can only apply in September 2022 for the academic session that starts in March 2023.
1. If an applicant has taken up the various test in their own country as an (optional beneficiary) can we submit those test certificates, does it counts?
2. If having less than 80% percent but being in the top 20% of the class, getting a letter from the professor of the university- is enough as proof!? or do we need to submit something else as proof?
3. For the English proficiency test can we take the Duolingo English test, and submit the application??
4. For the embassy track, 1 apostille document and the other each 3photocopies(should be color photocopies) right- if it makes sense sorry?
5. What if a UG applicant hasn’t been so actively participated in any of those extra-curricular activities & doesn’t have any work experience- in that case, where can one be so focused on writing the personal statement???
Hope you reply. Thank you!
1. You can, but it may not help beyond the required documents.
2. Yes, with an official document from the university.
5. Difficult to say as it’s a pretty subjective thing.
I am from Myanmar and I have graduated from UK university. Can I still apply GKS scholarship?
Please for the various departement offered by the universities given that i am applying through university track.
For that, check the list of available courses and colleges through GKS.
Can I choose Ewan University through the University track?
If that option is there, then Yes!
Studying abroad is my dream, so I just wish to fulfill it. I just need your help for me to achieve this dream of mine. I hope that you will accept me.
Wish you all the best, Vanesa!
I have read the information about air tickets and visas, but something is still unclear. Do I have to buy air tickets with my own money before the money is refunded to me after arriving in Korea, or will they buy air tickets for me while I am in my country? And will I pay for the visa with my own money too?
You don’t have to think about those things now. Once you are finally selected, they will update with all details.
Hello my name is Babli bariwa class 8 I am 14 year old
You still have 5 years. Wish you all the best!
Sir, there is an option in the application form which asks whether I am physically disabled or not. My middle finger is half cut. So should I mention that I am physically disabled or not? And does mentioning this will cancel my application or has any negative impact on my application?? Do they really make comprehensive medical checkups on arrival in Korea or it is just mentioned for formality??
Yes, mention everything applicable. They have criteria, and I guess they will only cancel if they feel you won’t be able to manage the things or not suitable for their society.
Sir, will the selected applicants have to go through a comprehensive medical checkup on arrival in Korea??
(1) Sir, please provide us any website or link which provides us info regarding how we can get a recommendation letter from a professor of the university to which we are applying.
(2) Give us any link from which we can prepare for the interview.
I searched for many hours but got no useful info on internet 🙄
1. You do not need recommendation letters from your target university but the one from your previous institutions.
2. There isn’t any study material. You can check some YT videos from previous GKS scholars. It would be generic like about yourself, past academic record, career goals, why you picked that course, about Korea, future plan, etc.
I have 4.58 gpa out of 5 (91.6%) in 12th, I want to apply for an undergraduate in computer science. But in many yt videos of previous scholars, they suggested filling max universities from type B, but my dream colleges are in type A (max). How should we fill these universities to get the maximum acceptance rate? If you could suggest any universities for which I am eligible with these marks.
That would be difficult to say as I do not track individual courses and universities as there are too many, and I don’t get enough time. Now the competition is pretty high due to the huge number of applicants. That was not the case a few years back. So do what can increase your overall chances.
On which date do we have to submit the application form for gks-u 2023 (embassy track).
They will announce the date and timeline shortly.
I’m an undergraduate student. I’m learning English. Can it be possible to get GKS scholarship? I’m also trying to take the IELTS exam. Is Topik still needed? And how can I get and application form? I’ve not decided what uni to study yet. Can someone recommend universities? And also dates and months.
I prefer fashion designs more. Is it possible for me?
Yes, if available.
Yes. IELTS and TOPIK will boost your chances, though not essential. You have to apply for either undergraduate or postgraduate programs. Since you are still doing a major, you can apply now for GKS-UG by picking the available course and university. Also, check your country and seats available as it varies depending on country.
Should I type all the info on the computer? For example the signature. The first form should I check by pen? And the recom letter the copies should be sealed? What different from the original? Finally, should it be colored? Thank you for your time.
You cannot type your signature as you have to sign in on paper. Yes, the recommendation letter should be sealed. You can check the guidelines where all the details are mentioned.
Sir, if our 10th and 12th percentage are not 80% above but if our academic qualification and achievements, recommendation letter, personal statement, and SOP are to the point, then also they will not take us because of our poor percentage. Plz, Sir, clear my doubt.
As per the rule, a minimum of 80% is required to apply for GKS.
Then will I be able to fill up the form or not if I get more than 80% above in my 12th because I get only 60? Something percentage in my 10th. Sir plz clear this doubt also.
You will able to apply, but they consider overall academic performance before the final selection.
Actually, I am currently in class 11th, but my 10th percentage is 60. Something a percentage but somehow I get my dream subject Science (PCB) I am scared because will I will be able to fill up the form or not.
Sir I have questions.
1. I am in 11th class but in 12th our result day is not fixed then what I do.
2. This interview is online or offline.
3. Suppose I apply in October 2023, but my 12th result I don’t know the after the 12th result is declared in June or any other month but Gks is in October then I wait but then I am not selected here my whole year is wasted.
Please help me
1. You only need a rough idea, like which month. 2. Offline 3. You can apply in October 2023 only when you give the 12th exam in Mar 2023. In your case, you can apply in Oct 2024. You can take admission somewhere else as backup.
Good day, sir, So I’ve been making a lot of research online and they are all saying different things. One said the last date for applying for the GKS undergraduate program is February 28, 2023 while one says undergraduates can only apply by September, so I need help as to when to apply. I have already graduated from high school but would be getting my high school certificates by January 2023, so when can I apply for the undergraduate program? (I will be 18 years by 2023. Thank you. 😊
For GKS-UG, you can apply in September. Feb is for PG programs, i.e., GKS-G.
Sir, I graduated in 2021, and I want to apply for 2023 GKS-G will it be possible to apply?
Hello sir, I have a question which documents I will need to apostille or notarize? e.g Do I need to get my mark sheet notarized or apostille?
You need an apostille for the 12th mark sheet, transcript, and voter ID if you don’t have a passport. Also, the citizenship of your parents. Check their requirement when process will start in Sept 2023.
Thank you sir. Do I need to get my 10th mark sheet also apostilled?
sir if you don’t mind can you give me your email or instagram I’d actually I have lots of questions.
IG Id is mentioned on this site, but not very active there due to work.
sir if you don’t mind can you please give me your email or instagram i’d actually there are lots of questions I want to ask.
IG ID is mentioned on this site but not very active. You can also ask here in the comments.
Sir, please, when can I apply for undergraduate scholarships? I asked because while I was reading, it said that the application is now open for undergraduates. But on the other hand, am seeing September to November which is going to be the time for application. Sir, please am confused. Could you please explain? Thanks a lot.
Around September-October, depending on the country.
Is there any mbbs course in gksp scholarship, or where we submit our application form how can I contact with embassy Is there passport is required?
Not that I am aware of. You can browse the available course. A passport Is required, and you can apply either through embassy or university, depending on where you reside.
Does gks is valid for nursing as well?
It is valid for all courses offered through this scholarship.
Could you please explain what is meant by “Associate Degree” under GKS-Undergraduate programme? Thanks
Unlike Bachelors’s degree that is for 4-5 year, the duration of associate degree programs is 2 or 3 years. The number of seats are fewer though.
1. So, I am a Burundian, and I Would like to know when applicants for undergraduate will start?
2. Between a Certificate from High School and a state Diploma which one do they consider the most?
3. They are only 3 universities for those who finished high school.
4. And IF someone has, for example, 56% and he is the 5th In the class of 26 Students, I think he’s ranked within the top 20% in his class…Is that one eligible?
5. The last is, Did all universities for undergraduates require TOPIK certificate?
1. In September, most likely.
2. I am not sure, as every country has different diplomas. Check their guidelines.
3. Yes, you can choose only 3 if that is what you are asking.
4. I guess yes, if you have a letter from the respective authority stating the same.
5. TOPIK boosts your prospects.
Please is medicine or Architecture available for 2023/2024 GKS-U?
You can check when application process will start in Sept this year.
Can I get a full undergraduate scholarship as an African?
I am done in high school (we call it secondary schools in Nigeria) for a while now. Can I still apply and I don’t if the way we are graded here is the same with other high schools But it’s in percentage. Can I still apply tho.
I am not sure. You have to check the details and match them with your country-related results.
Hi Kamsi. I’m a Nigerian too and I plan to apply for GKS-U this September. You can give me any of your social media username so I can chat you up and explain more to you
I’m doing BS and I’m in semester 4 I wanna transfer my 5th semester to a Korean university my average CGPA from 3 semesters is 3.56 is a GSK scholarship available for me? If not, then which scholarship is for transfer students? Plzzz replies to me.
I don’t think it is possible to transfer the remaining semester to a Korean university.
But sir it is mentioned in many university sites. Please reply.
I don’t know about that. Check from respective institutions.
sir, i have Ncc B certificate and other curriculum activities and also have 81% marks in my 12th, so how many possibility to get this scholarship?
It is difficult to say as they don’t disclose the exact criteria and weightage.